Membership

THS uses a pledge system for membership.  This means that we divide the total amount of our expenses among our membership to determine a sustaining (what we need to pay our bills) pledge level.  Pledges are 80% of THS income. Tributes, donations and fundraising make up the remaining 20%.  .

Rabbi David Lazar is available to our congregation for pastoral care as well as life cycle events. As our Rabbi is not full time, should you need him for a wedding, a funeral, or bar/bat mitzvah, financial arrangements are made directly between the Rabbi and the congregant and paid to the synagogue for disbursement.

When you fill out the pledge form on the next page, please consider how Temple Har Shalom and being part of the Idyllwild Jewish community brings meaning and value to your life.  A pledge is a promise – a promise we make that affirms our commitment to Temple Har Shalom and to the future of our congregation.

If pledging at the sustaining level is not in your budget,  pledge what you can. Your pledge is confidential and you are not asked to disclose any information.  Pledges can also be made in one or more payments over the fiscal year.   

The sustaining pledge for the FY2021-2022 beginning July 1, 2021 is:

$400 per person
$600 per couple/family
$180 for part time residents of Idyllwild and members of other congregations

The success of the pledge system and the success of our congregation depends upon those who can give more. By doing so, this makes membership affordable to all.

If you are able to give more than the sustaining pledge level, please consider pledging at one of the following levels:

Pillars          $2000
Guardians  $1200
Leaders       $800

You will find the Membership Application/or Renewal and Payment Button on the following page.

Note: If you are viewing this on a mobile phone or you wish to pay by check send to: Temple Har Shalom, PO Box 381, Idyllwild, CA 92549.  Include your contact information and we will be in touch. 

We welcome you to our Temple Family!